Welcome to my awards page
I’ve got the Blog of the Year Award with a Star from Little Binky & Granny
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3 Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them –
4 Come over and say hello to the originator of the ‘Blog of the Year 2013’ Award
5 You can now also join the ‘Blog of the Year’ Award Facebook page – click the link here https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/ and share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6 And as a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog … and start collecting stars
The rules of the Sunshine Award are:
1) Use the logo above in the post.
2) Link to whoever nominated you.
3) Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
4) Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.”
5) Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
1. Include the award’s logo in a post on your blog. – done! there’s a page for awards.
2. Link to the person who nominated you. Thank you Mr. Bacon sir!
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Ooo! (see below)
4. Nominate 10 bloggers (see below)
5. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated. (done!)
I wanted to share some things about my cats instead of myself.
- Bubby loves cheese doodles.. we often call him “Doodles” because of that. He also likes pita chips, tortilla chips, peanut butter and cinnamon along with pizza crust, strawberry poptarts, strawberry jelly and cheese and popcorn.
- Boo simply adores pumpkin and cantaloupe, he likes other things but those are his favorites.
- Buggy likes bananas, kiwis, strawberries and milk. He knows the sound of the bowl and will come running from the other side of the house if he hears it.
- Bitty used to play fetch as a kitten, you would throw her mousie and she would “fetch” it and bring it back. She would also jump to catch it if thrown in the air. She’s the shyest of the 4 cats. She likes tortilla shells.
- 3 of 4 cats will get on their hind legs for a treat. Bubby is the only one that will flat out refuse.. he will actually walk away.
- Buggy loves being on the back patio and will sneak out if given half the chance.
- Bubby is the only cat in the house who doesn’t have a “formal” name. Buggy started out as Andrew, Bitty was Katie and Boo is Boudreaux.
- Boo loves his little circular ball toy and will play with it in the middle of the night while everyone else is sleeping or trying to sleep…
- Buggy is the first one to observe when there is little food left in the bowls and will get me to fill the bowls. He does this by licking my forehead, pulling my dreads and pawing my face.
- Boo has a fascination with the ice cube maker. If I get ice cubes he will come running from the other end of the house in hopes of getting a stray ice cube to bat across the kitchen floor.
WordPress Family Award 4/25/2013 from Miss Miskai of the Misadventures of Misaki
What an honor! I love all the awards I get and this one is a special one and I am so very pleased Misaki thought of me.
Here are the rules
1. Display the award logo on your blog – done.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love
Oooh.. just 10? Really? There are so many blogs I love.. let’s just say I can’t count and make it 15.
- Peace, Love & Fostering
- Bailey from Bailey Boat Cat
- Miss Savvy from Savannah’s Paw Tracks
- Miss Nellie from My Cat from Hell
- Rumpy from RumpyDog
- Mr. Bacon from PigLove
- Sir Otis from Blog of Otis
- Ellie & Edmond (I love their adventures!)
- Nibbles, Nutty, Buddy & Basil of Hutch a Good Life
- Texas from Texas, a Cat in New York
- Dakota from Dakota’s Den
- Wiley from Wiley’s Wisdom
- and two non WordPress blogs
- Speedy from Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny
- and Miss Ann from Pawsitively Pets
if you aren’t reading these blogs, I highly recommend them, they are educational and funny.
Versatile Blogger Award 4/17/2013 From Miss Nylablue & Bacon
Many many purrs, cuddles & headbonks to Miss Nylablue for the award. Please check out her blog here.
And many back scritches to Mr. Bacon for the nomination as well.. check him out here
I’m going to tell you 7 things about me and hand out the awards to … *counts on fingers..and then shrugs* 7 more bloggers. I’ve made some new friends so I think it’s only fair to share with them.
- I love pork fried rice. (Sorry Bacon!) I can’t make fried rice myself because it never turns out as good..
- I love the multi-colored twizzlers..
- I have choked on a Skittle.
- I have burnt my arm with hot tea – I have the pictures to prove it and a scar!
- I have often have movie like dreams
- I am always making lists either for blog ideas, story ideas, grocery lists, honey do lists…
- I love to write
And the winners of this wonderful little blog award are:
- Clowie of Clowie’s Corner
- Wiley of Wiley’s Wisdom
- Bailey of Bailey Boat Cat – I’ve been following this blog for a while.. so I’ll add another new one to make up for this.
- Jasper of Jasper’s Doggy World
- Choppy of Travels with Choppy
- Otis from the Blog of Otis
- Dasie & Lily and Miss Sadie of Sadie & Dasie
- Speedy of Speedy Cheeky House Bunny
Award & Honorary Mention on 3/21/2013
I got mentioned on the blog called Dog Dayz.. check out the link and I got an award from them.. =^..^=
I won the pick of the litter award and I got to choose an award off their award page so I chose the Inspiring Blog award
Thank you so very much for picking me for the pick of the litter award. It’s really an honor to have the chance to share these amazing stories of survival and determination with everyone. These pet guardians are all so wonderful and sharing their story not only gives others hope but helps spread the message that all pets that have special needs deserve love just the same as the normal pets. So thank you.
Rules for the Inspiring Blog Award:
- Link back to the person who gave you the award – Done, it’s DogDayz
- Post the award on the page – *licks paper and sticks award up* Done.
- Answer 7 facts about yourself.. I’m in a sharing mood so let’s go for 10.
- nominate other blogs *rubs hands together * this is my favorite part
- I choose this award because I’ve never seen it and I wanted to award it to some pretty awesome bloggers in the blogosphere.
- I am first and foremost grateful for all the kindness bestowed upon me by those in the pet online community, from the bloggers to pet guardians and the wonderful interviewees, I could not do this without you. You’ve welcomed me with open arms and let me pester you with endless questions, you’ve let me participate in online auctions, donate prizes and now run a raffle.. there is so much I have to be thankful for and the success of the blog is not just mine, but *ours*. Thank you.
- I did not have a pet until I was in middle school, it was a purple and white parakeet.
- I was a part of a 4-H club called pet partners that was run by the animal shelter in Tallahassee. I spend 3 years with them until I aged out when I turned 17.
- I wish I had known how important it was to take your pet to the vet when I had cats and dogs. So that’s why I’m very supportive of education programs about pet care and low costs spay/neuter clinics.
- I will be attending the BlogPaws Conference this year in Vienna, VA. I am very excited but nervous and scare all at once.
- I used to be in chorus in middle school.
- I love the color lime green.
- I am an only child.
- I have four cats… Bubby, Buggy, Miss Bit-bit and Boo.
Now for the nominations:
http://terry1954.wordpress.com/ – Miss Terry has an incredible inner strength, just an amazing woman I would love to give hugs to and help.
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/ – I love love the pictures from Colorado and hearing about the adventures the dogs have
http://shivaandjaya.wordpress.com/- The Purrime Ministerettes
http://catsnco.wordpress.com/ – Cats, Cats and More Cats.. enough cat facts and info for any cat lover.
http://piglove.wordpress.com/ – Bacon, he’s a very entertaining mini pig sharing his life with humans and purr things.
Ugh, sorry I’ve been slow to post this. I was trying to catch up on sleep and getting the themes set up on the blog and being sick.. bleh.. anyways.. I got this award from my friend and fellow blogger Miss Terry.. she is a sweetheart. Please visit her blog here, she opens her heart to pours out these wonderful poems and shares music and most importantly her daily struggles with trying to find care for her brother who is suffering right now. So please drop by give her some hugs and send some positive thoughts her way.
One of the rules is you have to say seven things about yourself.
- I love pork fried rice…
- I have 4 cats all with “B” names
- I’ve been writing for years, my blog recently became successful last year, but I’ve had it since 2010.
- I am a decent photographer, you can check out my work here. (it will open another window and yes it’s all my work)
- I have a very eclectic taste is music, I can listen to Eninem, Evanescence, Dave Matthews Band, Amy Winehouse, Fiona Apple and switch to Nickelback, Goo Goo Dolls or Bush.
- I love being near water.
- I hate the cold.
Another rule is you get to spread the love by nominating 10 (it’s supposed to be 15.. but I’m lazy) other bloggers. Here goes…
The Liebster Award 2/21/2013
Bacon from PigLove gave me the award and though I already have it.. I wanted to pass it on and answer the questions.
Here are Bacon’s questions for me:
If you could have dinner with anyone famous, who would it be? Just one? I would love to meet Eldad Hagar.. check here for what he does with rescued animals.
- What is your favorite food? Chinese.. thought Five Guys is becoming a close second.
- What is your favorite bedtime story? “If you give a mouse a cookie”
- What is your favorite day of the week? Any day I’m off. =^..^=
- Computer, iPad or iPhone – Which do you prefer? Laptop! I miss mine. One day I’ll get it fixed.
- What is your favorite thing to do? I like being productive.. so cleaning the pool (and swimming in it later), working on the blog, reading and commenting on other blogs.. cuddling with the cats or snuggling with the other half.
- Books or ebooks – Which do you prefer? I just started with ebooks.. which is nice to read on the phone at night. But I still love holding actual books.
- What is your favorite television show? Oooh.. I love Law & Order: SVU. I could sit there all day watching it.
- When is the last time you stopped and smelled the roses? Um.. I try not to smell the flowers.. I’m allergic. 😉
- What is your favorite take out for dinner? With all apologizes to Bacon.. I love pork fried rice, with two egg rolls and getting the crab rangoons thrown in for free, I love that orange sauce they include.. I think it’s sweet & sour sauce.. but I made a little mountain of fried rice, dig a hole in the middle of it and pour in the sauce. It’s great for dipping the egg rolls and the crab rangoons.
Passing it on to:
New award 2/13/2013
- Thank the friend who passed the award to you – Bacon from Pig Love
- Link back to their blog Done..
- If you’re a pet, tell everyone why you love your human/biped/peep/human…..and if you’re a human getting the award you tell why you love your pet! I’m a human (though I would rather be one of the cats) I would like to say I love my furbabies because they all have different personalities and ask for pets and snuggles in their own way. Boo has a deep rumbling purr and has a habit of preening on me with or with a blanket, Buggy has a loud purr and is always ready for kisses and snuggles, Bubby loves getting brushes and butt scritches and will paw you for attention/pets and Miss Bitty because when she wants attention it is rare but her coat is so thick and beautiful it’s an honor to be allowed to pet her.
- Pass the award to more blog buddies (at least one but no limit on number)– Whoo!! I can’t count so that makes it easier..
- Underneath the Shell (adventures of 3 turtles) http://kamekroten.wordpress.com/
- Rumpy Dog http://rumpydog.com/
- Bailey Boat Cat http://baileyboatcat.com
- Savannah’s Paw Tracks http://savannahspawtracks.com
- The Misadventures of Misaki – http://themisadventuresofmisaki.wordpress.com
- and last but not least ..Basil,Buddy, Nibbles & Nutty of Hutch a Good Life http://hutchagoodlife.wordpress.com/
- PS- And one of my newest blogs I’m following http://onebluedog.wordpress.com/
New award on 1/16/2013
Nominated by terry1954 (Thank you!!)
Here are the rules for the award:
- Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer 10 questions.
- Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
- Include the award logo within your blog post
Here are the 10 questions.
- What is your favorite color? Lime green
- Your favorite animal? Cats
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drinks? I don’t have one favorite.. I adore raspberry lemonade, cherry sprite, cranberry sierra mist, egg nog, milk (with cookies), sweet tea (if made right), raspberry sweet tea, half & half (half lemonade, half sweet tea)…
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
- Your favorite pattern? Pattern? What the cat is a favorite pattern?
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Oooh.. giving. I love to surprise people. But I do like getting.. especially when it’s unexpected.
- Your favorite number? 17
- Your favorite day of the week? Any day I don’t go to work =^..^=
- Your favorite flower? Hibiscus, Snapdragons, Tiger Lilies.. and anything else that doesn’t make me sneeze
- What is your passion? I have several.. writing, pet related welfare & education, blogging, naps, snuggles, oh wait.. that’s things I like to do.. hehe.
Nominations: I’m doing a baker’s dozen.. just because I can. =^..^=
I wanted a place to showcase the blogging awards since I’ve gotten a few.. =^..^=
The super sweet blogging award
I got the nomination 11/27/2012 from The musings of a Crazy Cat Lady (I know, I know.. I’m lazy and forgetful.. this is *why* I post on a schedule)
Here are the questions from that award:
- Cookies or cake?I have to choose? That’s unfair.. how about a cake that looks like a cookie or a cookie the size of a cake?
- Chocolate or vanilla?I love vanilla.. except in the instance of red velvet cake.. oh my goodness.. *drools*
- What is your favorite sweet treat?I love vanilla custard in a sugar waffle cone with rainbow sprinkles.. and vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles.. and vanilla cake with vanilla icing with rainbow sprinkles.. I think it’s something about rainbow sprinkles.
- When do you crave sweet things the most?After lunch and/or dinner.
- If you had a sweet nickname what would it be?Cupcake .. hehe.
- (baker’s dozen (13) to nominate)
The reality blogging award given to me 1/9/2013 by terry1954
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them.
- Answer the 5 simple questions. (see below)
- Nominate up to 20 blogs for the award and notify each of them. (see below)
- Display the award on your blog somewhere.
- If you could change one thing, what would you change?I would have started blogging about animals earlier.
- If you could repeat an age, what would it be? any year?Jan 2010 to July 2010.. I would have spent more time with my mom and told her how much she meant to me and how much I loved her.
- What is one thing that really scares youThe lack of love and compassion and rainbow sprinkles in the world.
- What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it?I would love to be published.. but *cough, cough* I have this problem of finishing my short stories..so we’ll see how it goes.
- If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be?Hmm.. I would love to trade the day with one of my cats.. especially Boo.. he gets to zoom around and get cuddles, he has the life. If it was a person.. I dunno I guess I would be a person who rescues animals like Elad for a day. What he does is amazing.
and the Liebster blogging award given on 1/9/2013 thanks to angelswhisper2011
- What makes you happiest?Cuddling my cats or writing.. I can’t really do both..
- Do you love the Ocean or the Mountains more?Ocean. I love the beach, the waves, the sun, the seagulls.. I’ve lived in Germany and seen mountains and I’m not a fan of the cold.
- What has been your favorite moment of 2012?The last time I went to DisneyWorld. It was hotter than all heck, but I got to wear a birthday button because my birthday was coming up and I got to ride Haunted Mansion and have a good time with my boyfriend.
- What is your favorite quote and why? Hey! No one caught me not answering this! =^..^= There are so many quotes I like the top two would be Be the change you wish to see in the world~ Ghandi and “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step“
- Do you like yourself? Sometimes.
- Do you stay up till the Stroke of Midnight on New Years Eve?Yup. But it’s overrated. I slept through it one year and was no worse for it.
- Something you wish you get it done ASAP? Lose weight… and get surgery to correct my vision to be able to wear sunglasses.
- What was your favorite class while still in school?English. I loved being able to read and write.. didn’t care for the grammar part of the whole thing nor reading out loud.
- What musical instrument have you tried to learn to play?Keyboard/Piano. I used to know how to play quite a few things.. I can still remember some of Fur Elise.
- Anything you wish you had learned earlier?I wish I had learned the impact one can make with sharing information about shelters and animals that needed adopting.
- Do you like to do crafts or draw or even paint?I used to scrapbook and paint boxes and glass bottles. When I moved around I got rid of the bottles and vases and donated some of the painted boxes to an auction and my scrapbooks are mostly finished. I haven’t done anything crafty in a while..
Nominate 15 bloggers for this award…geesh.. so 13, 20, 15.. let’s just say I can’t count and award 20 blogs the 3 awards. =^..^= and let me tell you it was no easy task to nominate and link them.
Directions to nominees: save image, put on blog.. copy questions and answer on your blog. Enjoy! =^..^=
- http://heyitsjethere.wordpress.com – Hey, it’s jet here..
- http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com – Colorado Farm Life
- http://catfromhell.wordpress.com – Cat From hell
- http://mypawsitivelypets.blogspot.com/ – Pawsitively Pets
- http://www.paws-and-effect.com/- Paws & Effect
- http://savannahspawtracks.com – Savannah’s Paw Tracks
- http://peacelovefoster.wordpress.com – Peace, Love & Fostering (no, we’re not the same..)
- http://rumpydog.com – Rumpy Dog
- http://yesbiscuit.wordpress.com Yes Biscuit –
- http://opcatchat.blogspot.com/ – Cat Chat
- (I know.. I said 20 but this one is special to me) http://hutchagoodlife.wordpress.com/